Friday, October 13, 2006

Another Not So Pleasant Day...

So today is almost as yucky as yesterday. This weekend is not looking very promising either. I have 2 sessions scheduled for this weekend so I'm hoping the weather is fairly nice and I can get those done. I guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings.
So I got a call from the hospital today. The nurse asked a ton of questions and gave me instructions on eating and drinking beofre my surgery and she also gave me the time that it is scheduled for. My surgery is scheduled for 1:40 pm and I have to be to the hospital at 11:40 am. My surgery is a fairly lengthly one (abuot 3.5 hours) and I guess the longer the surgery the more likely you are to be sick. She also asked if I get motion sickness.....yum a big YES to that one!!! So again the more likely I am to get sick. So I'm hoping that I won't, but she said don't count on it.
I know that I'm going to be at the best hospital (Butterworth) that I can be at and I have complete confidence in Dr. Mann but never having had any type of surgery I'm a little nervous. I guess most about the anesthesia. I just don't know what to expect and that is always the worst. I have a client that is a surgeon at Butterworth and she says not to worry, so that does make me feel better.
So I'm trying to get my house in order. Get all of the laundry done and clean and get all of the bills paid through the beginning of next month so that I don't have to worry about that for awhile. Jess can do a lot of it he just does not know how to do the laundry and has NO clue how to pay the bills. That may be a good thing :) I have been neglecting the house work because I've been so busy with sessions. Oh my goodness it looked like a tornoado came through this place. But I did get everything done today. I just didn't want to have to spend all weekend getting everything done. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a total planner, so of course my whole weekend will be focused on keeping the house in order!
Well I didn't have time to watch my show..... Grey's Anatomy. But thank god for TiVO!!! Oh how I love my TiVO. I don't know what I did without it before.
I don't know why everytime I watch that darn show I end up crying. I guess I'm just an emotional person. And now to all of you, I know what is coming next and the answer is no.... I'm NOT pregnant!!!

2 comments:

Hammond Family said...

We will be praying for you and the doctors as you go through this lengthy operation. In the past 6 years I have had 8 operations -- so I totally know how you are feeling!!!....well..maybe not -- I didn't have 3 kids, 2 in school, one just walking, laundry and meals for 5....can the list go on? One great verse to claim before facing a trial is Pslam 62: 8 "Trust in Him at all times: ye people,pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us.

Mandy said...

Thanks Kelly and family!!
I really do appreciate it!