Monday, July 23, 2007

My Family...Beautiful Sunset Silhouettes....

OK so this is the story......my mom wanted a family pic of all of us...my sister and I and our husbands and all of our kids. Well me being the way that I am I did NOT want to do a traditional family "cheese" shot. It is just not my style. So between my mom and I we had this idea of doing a casual shot all of us in red shirts to set off the red light house.....well we got there and it was still soooo bright so we hung out for a bit and then decided it was time to attempt this....we got down to the water and I started to set up my tripod and equipment...which by the way was real fun with an 85 lens....I ran my butt off trying to make it into the shot before the timer went off smile.gif anyways as the sun started to set I decided to see how a silhouette would look.....I got everyone all positioned and snapped and had my mom come back and take a look....she loved it so we totally changed what we were going to do and did the family shot as a silhouette instead.
After we were done with the family one I decided to mess around and see if I could get individual families....you know I am the tilt queen and it has become a huge part of my style so I of course wanted to incorporate it into these. I'm not sure if it is working with the lighthouse.... also wish the one of Kyle holding the 2 girls was a bit better. Eve is too close to him and blends into him but oh well like I said it was just a quick "let's try to get some while the kids aren't screaming thing" I'm sure you all know how that is smile.gif At least my 3 decided to cooperate for 2 seconds smile.gif
Seriously the sun set was so gorgeous. We were so lucky to have a beautiful night!

All of us

Miss Ava doing her thing...
My 3 little monsters

My mom and dad

My sister and her husband and 2 girls

Jess and Chunk love the sun flare!!!

Kyle and the girls...too sweet

Ava again...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

oh wow! You totally rock these! I love all of them the colors are so rich and vivid! Very nice!