Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Gorgeous Nieces...

I was a little bored so I decided to take the girls into the studio tonight. I haven't taken any pics of them since Christmas.
It is so funny looking at them....they look nothing alike, (you would never know they are sisters) They act NOTHING alike either, as you can probably tell from the pictures. Ivy is more reserved, shy and I guess you could say somewhat "snooty" My sister always says that she acts just like me and should have been my daughter. Eve on the other hand is "Miss Congeniality" She is far from shy.....actually a little too friendly at times, and always has a smile on her face. 2 beautiful girls with very different personalities and I LOVE them both to pieces!!!
The one that I can't get over is the one of Ava and Ivy together. My mom and I were talking about the shot and it is crazy comparing the 2 girls. They have such different features. Ava has HUGE round eyes and Ivy's eyes are small and somewhat narrow. And the lips... Ava has a huge wide mouth with thin lips and Ivy has this little petite mouth with nice plump lips.
Now the funny thing is my sister's youngest (the little girl with brown eyes) and my youngest little guy look quite a bit a like. Man the gene pool is a strange but fascinating thing isn't it!??!? happy.png


and compare their features.....wow so different!

2 comments:

Hammond Family said...

If I remember right Eve is about a year younger than Maylie...wow she has a lot of hair...I thought you and Alex were the bald babies and Katie and I were the "hairy" babies...what happened to my Maylie...the hair on the top of her head hardly makes it into a ponytail!!! Guess the "gene" pool switched when it came to my kids...Katie on the other hand...passed down ALL her hair!!

Mandy said...

Yeah, Al had a ton of hair as a baby and I had virtually none. My kids didn't have much when they were born and then soon lost it all. Al's girls were both born with a TON of hair. I'm mean gobs of thick black hair. I think Ivy even had more than Eve as a newborn. I'll have to dig out some newborn pics and send them to you.
It is funny now that Eve has as much hair as she does. When she was about 6 months old I shaved it! I mean shaved it with the clippers bald. Her hair was so bad. It had thinned out in spots and she looked like a chemo patient. It really helped when it grew back. It made it all nice and even. I told Al it was about the only thing to do...she said "well then do it!" so I did it :)